Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Back to church and real world - June 22, 2014

Asa got to go to church today.  First time since February, six days post-surgery.  Truly miraculous!  This morning my friend, Katrin, equally miraculously, played a song called "He Knows My Name."  I know it's a bit long, but here's a YouTube link if you aren't familiar and the lyrics:


"I have a Maker
He Formed My Heart
before even time began
my life was in his hands

chorus
He knows my name
he knows my every thought
he sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call

(kids)
I have a father
he calls me his own
he'll never leave me
no matter where I go

(chorus)
He knows my name
he knows my every thought
he sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call"

No surprise, for over nine years, God has wound those simple lyrics intimately through our lives, birth to death and everything in between. I don't really know why, but it was a funny little surprise as I held a tumor free child in the corner and rocked him back and forth.  It seems no detail of Asa's journey has escaped God and that He used even what seem the worst moments for good. 

Please continue to pray as we still have a few steps in our journey, still some weeks of poor immunity where there will be no church and everyone stays home.  Continue to pray that Asa eat.  He seems to have increasing appetite.  He drank 3oz of formula today and ate much of a bowl of goulash willingly and about 3 vanilla wafers, but we'd love to see him have one up on the very hungry caterpillar.

Thanks today for a great family day, time with kiddos, opportunity to go to church and see so many faces.  Grateful to see the massage therapist who could help put my physical stress back in order some. Thankful for hardworking boys and drivers.

No comments :

Post a Comment